Root Your Health New Product Development (NPD) Consulting provides services to assist in the 4 key stages of product development in the food sector:
Stage 1: Ideation
The concept and completed brief of the new or existing product and how this product will fit into the current market. Will the scope of the project have regional or global preferences and be focused on a specific target market or market size. These are a few factors that will play a role in finalizing the idea and determining the market share of product before development starts.
Stage 2: Formulation
Stage 3: Processing
The approved formulation will undergo a factory (upscale trial) to test and see if the standard operating procedure will be efficient for producing the final product at the approved sensory standard. Quality and food safety critical control points will be established to make sure the optimal shelf-life of the product is reached. Final costing is generated to determine end product cost.
Stage 4: Commercialisation
Time-Line for new product development
Quick: 3 - 6 months
- A line extension for an already existing product
- Problem-solving on an existing product line, safety plan and HACCP amendments
- Label updates and artwork changes
Average: 6 - 12 months
- A new product that can still be made on existing equipment
- New packaging and production changes to existing products to improve shelf life.
Long: 1 - 3 years
- A brand-new product – could be hard to make, or new equipment may need to be designed/purchased.
- Developing a new product often takes longer than developing a finished food product because there are more regulatory and sales hurdles involved.
Ideation 4 - 8 Weeks
- Product Brief
- Research & Recipes
Formulation 12 - 16 Weeks
3. Approved Recipe & Costing
4. 4P Document Sign Off
Processing 8 - 12 Weeks
5. Factory Trials
6. Shelf Life & Nutri Testing
Commercialisation 8 - 12 Weeks
7. Product Artwork
8. Product Launch
Oat-Milk and streamline product development
- Company: Whole Green Foods
- Website: https://whole.green
- WINX Technology: Cell bursting and Food waste elimination
- Creating nutritional enhanced functional products from food waste streams
- Pilot plant trials and standard operational procedure creation
- Shelf-life and nutritional analysis
For more queries on services and consulting fees contact
What are your roots?
Root Your Health offers a variety of services to meet your personal needs and to find the true source of health and sustainability.
Cooking skills, kitchen organising and healthy alternative recipes
Gut health, eating habits, supplements and nutrition
New Product Development Consulting
Sustainability and Food Innovation
Pre & Post Natal Nutrition
Maintaining optimal health for you and your baby
Workshops, Seminars & Collaborations
Gut health, fitness, nutrition and sustainability
Hunger Relief Foundations
Partnering with projects to end hunger