1 Can jackfruit drained and shredded
½ onion diced finely
½ red pepper diced
2 tsp coconut sugar/ honey
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp sriracha sauce
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp black pepper
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
2 cups of shredded coleslaw mix of choice, seasoned with mayo or lime, salt and pepper.
1 avocado mashed with lemon, salt and pepper
Vegan Mayonnaise see website for recipe
Gluten-free or whole wheat buns
Heat up a pan add olive oil and onions and fry for a few minutes.
2. Then add smoked paprika, cumin and coconut sugar or honey and fry until golden.
3. Add apple cider vinegar and peppers, tomato paste and fry for another 3 minutes.
4. Add jackfruit, sriracha, salt and pepper and cook until everything comes together ± 5 min.
5. Toast buns in toaster or oven for a few min, then assemble starting with mayonnaise, smashed avocado as the base of buns.
6. Then add cooked jack fruit and a hand full of coleslaw mix.
Assemble all condiments to create this meatless masterpiece, a perfect crowd-pleaser. Feel free to add some hummus, pickles or any condiment you prefer.