1 cup GF Self raising flour
125g butter chopped/ Coconut butter
2 tbsp Maple syrup/golden syrup
1 cup Quinoa flakes
1 cup Desiccated coconut
½ cup Almond flakes
2 tbsp Hot water
1. Preheat the oven at 180 °C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes until melted.
3. Combine flour, quinoa flakes, coconut, almonds and sugar in a large bowl. Add butter mixture and hot water. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Set aside for 5 minutes.
4. Roll level tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on tray, 4cm apart. Flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 15 min, swapping trays halfway through cooking, on until golden.
5. Cool on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool down to make sure biscuits do not break.
6. Allow to set at room temperature. Serve.
Store for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.